Kimpton De Witt EU Data Privacy
The photographs and materials contained in this web site are copyrighted and certain names and logos are protected by federal and/or state trademark registrations. Kimpton Hotel & Restaurant Group, LLC ("Owner") maintains all ownership rights in these materials.
The Owner grants you a non-transferable non-exclusive right and license to use the information provided here for your own personal use or for use by your business, but strictly for purposes of gaining information about the property described and determining whether and how to book reservations at said property. You may not copy, reverse engineer, upload, modify or make derivative works from the materials on this web site, or publish, market, sublicense of market said materials. External links to any portion of this web site must be authorized in advance by Kimpton Hotel & Restaurant Group, LLC.
Kimpton Hotel & Restaurant Group and its affiliates, including Six Continents Hotels, Inc., an InterContinental Hotels Group company, use your personal information in order to fulfill our commitment to providing an unparalleled guest service experience. As part of that undertaking, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal information that we gather.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
The term "personal information" in this Policy refers to information which does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. We collect and use personal information if you make a booking through our reservation system, stay at a Kimpton Hotel or participate in the Kimpton Karma or IHG Rewards programs. The types of personal information that we process (which may vary by jurisdiction based on applicable law) include:
- your name, gender, home and work contact details, business title, date and place of birth, nationality and passport and visa information;
- guest stay information, including the hotels where you have stayed, date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room and holiday preferences), telephone numbers dialed and faxes and telephone messages received;
- your credit card details, Kimpton Karma or IHG Rewards (where applicable) frequent guest program member information, online user account details, profile or password details and any frequent flyer or travel partner program affiliation;
- any information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g., health conditions that require specific accommodation, purchase of goods and services);
- information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
- information collected through the use of closed circuit television systems, card key and other security systems; and
- translation missing: usen.page-eu-policy.li-types-7
- geolocation information for our mobile internet and iPhone app users, upon your consent
We may also collect information from you when you browse our website, use our mobile applications or participate in certain services at a Kimpton-branded hotel, such as wireless internet services. In these instances, information such as your country information, internet protocol ("IP") address, media access control address and other characteristics about your system or device may be automatically collected. This information may be collected for functional purposes as well as to improve your experience when using these services. This information may also be used for aggregated trend and statistical analysis, and for showing you more relevant advertisements and messages.
Most of the personal information we process is information that you or someone acting on your behalf knowingly provides to us. However, in some instances, we process personal information that we are able to infer about you based on other information you provide to us or on our interactions with you, or personal information about you that we receive from a third party.
As we operate through a global network of corporate offices, reservation and service centers, data centers and hotels, it may be necessary to transfer your information to a country outside of the country where it was originally collected or outside of your country of residence or nationality. The information that you provide to us during the course of a reservation or through our provision of other services may be transferred to any of our Kimpton/IHG-affiliated entities and hotels around the world for purposes of carrying our of facilitating these services. It will also be necessary to transfer this information to third parties, including third party service providers where applicable.
How We Use Information
Demographic and profile data is collected at our site, and we use this data in two main ways:
First, we analyze visitor information in aggregate, which means that we collect information about thousands of site visits and analyze it as a whole. This kind of study involves looking for trends among many visitors to our site, rather than analyzing information about any individual visitor. Examples include researching which parts of the site are accessed most frequently or determining which products are most attractive to our users.
Second, we may use specific information you provide to help us customize our communications with you and improve our service to you when you visit any Kimpton property, to conduct market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys and to direct marketing and sales promotions. For instance, if you inform us of a room or service preference, we will attempt to satisfy that request when you visit us in the future and may send you promotions relating to that preference.
We use third parties to build and manage these communication and preference systems, and our arrangements with these third parties prohibit them from disclosing your personal information.
Specifically, subject to applicable laws, we may collect, use and disclose relevant portions of your personal information in order to:
- provide and charge for the hotel accommodation and other goods and services you purchase;
- provide you with a better, more personalized level of service;
- administer the Kimpton Karma rewards or IHG Rewards (where applicable) program;
- fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g., travel agents, group travel organizers or your employer) and vendors (e.g., credit card companies, airline operators and other loyalty programs);
- conduct market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys, direct marketing and sales promotions;
- respond to requests for information and services;
- provide for the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors;
- administer general record keeping; and
- meet legal and regulatory requirements
Sharing of Personal Information
We reveal Personally Identifiable Information about you to unaffiliated third parties if:
- you request or authorize it;
- the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
- the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, customer information may be one of the transferred assets);
- the disclosure is done as part of a changeover in management of a hotel or restaurant from Kimpton to a third party;
- the information is provided to our agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf (e.g., analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, processing orders, etc.);or
Every e-mail communication from Kimpton or its authorized agents, excepting reservation confirmations and the like, will contain clear and obvious instructions for how you can remove yourself from that mailing list ("Opt-out"). You may also unsubscribe at any time by updating your subscription preferences here.
Third Party Internet Sites
Third party Internet sites available through advertising and other links on our site have separate privacy and data collection practices. If you click on a link found on our websites or on any other website, you should always look at the location bar within your browser to determine whether you have been linked to a different website. This Policy, and our responsibility, is limited to our own information collection practices. We are not responsible for, and cannot always ensure, the information collection practices or privacy policies of other websites maintained by third parties or our service providers where you submit your personal information directly to such websites. In addition, we cannot ensure the content of the websites maintained by these third parties or our service providers, even if accessible using a link from our websites. We urge you to read the privacy and security policies of any external sites before providing any personal information while accessing those sites.
The Security of Your Information
We work diligently to protect the security of your personal information, including credit card information, during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. Your data is kept in a highly secure environment protected from access by unauthorized parties. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your customer profile by ensuring that you logoff when you have finished visiting our site.
We may use third party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness.
We use different kinds of cookies for various reasons. Examples of the kinds of cookies we use on our site are below:
- Session cookies: These temporary cookies expire and are automatically erased whenever you close your browser. We use session cookies to grant you access to our webpage content and to enable more efficient use of our hotel booking engine.
- Persistent cookies: These usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. We use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the site for our users.
- Third-party cookies: In keeping with our policies, these session or persistent cookies are set only by trusted partners of our site. For example, we currently use a web analytics service to help us understand usage patterns of our website. No personal data is stored and site usage is always analyzed on an aggregate (and anonymous) basis.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
You can choose to visit our web sites without cookies, but in some cases, certain services, features and functionality may not be available. To visit without cookies, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie has been set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
By entering and using our site, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
"Do Not Track" Browser Settings
We do not use technology that responds to "Do Not Track" settings on your web browser.
Use of Reporting Services
We may use independent reporting services to analyze traffic to our website. These reporting services do not create individual profiles for each visitor and do not maintain a database of individual profiles. These services only collect aggregate data, which is used solely for analytical purposes. This kind of study involves looking for trends among many visitors to our site, rather than analyzing information about any individual visitor.
We may employ a browser monitor within web pages on our site in order to determine your browser status and the client-side metrics relating to page loading. We constantly seek ways to improve page load times for our visitors and may ultimately use these metrics for such purposes. Any such browser monitor will only be active while the user is active on our site. For your protection, any such browser monitor will not require an executable (*.exe) application.
Like most Internet sites, we use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our site. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information.
Our websites do not sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use our websites with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Changes to this Policy
Just as our business changes constantly, this Policy may also change. To assist you, this Policy has an effective date set out at the end of this document.
Your California Privacy Rights
For California residents only. We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates or other Kimpton-related third parties for their use in marketing to you. Pursuant to California's "Shine the Light Act," California residents are permitted to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with third parties for their marketing use. Please enter your email address below and click "Submit" to request a copy of our disclosure pursuant to California law.
We will provide the required information to your email address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies or any other matter, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: December 16, 2016